Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Little Giggle

I do believe most of you know that the last month of my life has been insane. The English were here, we all went to Jamaica for a week, after sending them home I went to Montana for my 20th class reunion and then immediately went on a 3 day girls trip with my rock soul sisters. It was an amazingly fun yet completely exhausting month that I would do again in a heartbeat.

In the above mentioned month I was able to span 26 years of friendship. From The English whom I've known for 6 years now, to my best friends from high school who I've known for over 20, I found a common thread among them all. They make me laugh my ass off. I'm telling you I haven't laughed that hard in so so long and it was fantastic! From all the inside jokes to the "Oh no you didn't" stories that I might not have wanted to be shared, it was rib breaking hilarity. At my class reunion it was like a day hadn't passed between the girls and myself. We walked right back into 1990 and were happy to be there. The English and their "Fauncey" take on so many things. Then the girls trip which I'm positive has Joan Jett running scared from us. All of it was hysterical!

I started thinking about it after I got home from my month of crazy. THIS is what I love about my friends. THIS is what draws me to them. THIS=humor. We all need different things from our friends. Mine just happens to be laughter. I can't think of one person whom I consider a close friend who isn't really really funny and I love them for it. I do know I could go to any of them if I needed a serious shoulder to cry on, and sometimes do, but the fact that we make each other laugh is the basis of most of my friendships. I wouldn't have it any other way.

So thank you to my crazy, nutty, amusing, joking, side-splitting, merry, ADORED friends. You bring laughter to my life every day.

1 comment:

  1. You are a great friend to have! You always made me laugh... and continue to via facebook. Love you!

    ReplyDelete