Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Birthdays and drivers licenses

Sorry for the long break between blogs. I've been on vacation in Jamaica. Yeah, I know. I'm a lucky girl. :-)

Today is a important day in our house. Today my son is going to the DMV and getting his drivers license. It also happens to be the day I head back to Montana for my 20 yr class reunion. I would like to thank the scheduling Gods for giving me this "damn you're old" double whammy. I mean seriously, like turning 38 wasn't enough to make me take a look in the mirror and wonder where time has gone, but I get to say I have a teenage driver AND I've been out of high school for 20 years. Are you freakin' kidding me? Now some of this I did to myself. I know lots friends who are just having children now so the fact I had them in my early 20's (hence them being teens now) was a decision I made so really it shouldn't really have anything to do with feeling old. But it does. And its not that I feel "old", just middle aged, which I am so its appropriate I guess. I just don't like it. Who would?

I got a card for my birthday that said something to the effect of "don't look at the number, look at the accomplishments". I'm trying....

No comments:

Post a Comment