Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Flippant Perfectionist

For those of you who know me, the title of my blog fits me perfectly. For those of you who don't, you'll figure it out. I'm a perfectionist on some things, outrageously casual about others. I'm a person with many opinions who is open minded enough to listen to yours. A married mother of two teenagers who loves her family more than life itself and yet feels I can be a better parent by getting away from them every once in a while. My interests are wide and varied. Here's to hoping you care enough to read about them.

However, the main point of my blog will be something I've been slightly afraid of for a long time. In one month and one day I'll be 38 years old. 38. Two years from 40. 24 months before "The Big One". 104 weeks of an emotional rollercoaster that I'll ride right into middle age. I get heavy in the chest and bile in the back of my throat just thinking about it. Who ever said that 40 is the new 30 lied.

1 comment:

  1. But you'll sail into it and through with that spunky grace I have already come to see as part of your 'style'. No worries lass. :o)

    ReplyDelete