Monday, June 21, 2010

Damn you Pixar

So after dinner tonight, Paul and I take the kids to see Toy Story 3-the non 3D version. Why the non 3D version? I'll give you that answer my friend next Saturday along with Mr Vernon's answer about Barry Manilow. Anyway- As we watching the movie, which was very good, I got sadder and sadder. Depression came over me like a large blanket and all I wanted to do was dive head first into my box of goobers. Holy shit, Andy is going to college. ANDY IS GOING TO COLLEGE!?!

Ok ok, let me explain. My son Hayden was 2, not quite 3 when the first movie came out. Andy, the main character, was 6. Are ya doing the math yet?? Pixar did mess up a bit and didn't quite age Andy exactly as they should have but Andy is 17. Hayden is 16. I sat there in the dark theatre and realized Hayd didn't have any of his toys left. They are all gone. All donated, thrown away or given to new families. Hayden (who looked creepily like Andy and could Molly the younger sister look any more like my Libbey? I've decided Pixar is stalking my family) has also moved on and is in his last two years of school before going off to college. I always kind of looked forward to them going to college, being independent, having some freedom, but I don't think I had truly wrapped my brain around it. Wow. Andy is going to college and it makes me really sad.

And on another note (Warning: Spoiler) why the hell didn't they have that little girl at the end be the new owner of Bo Peep? I mean how sad was Woody when he talked about her in the beginning? It would have been nice for her to have popped up in the new house. Bummed me out.

Poor Woody. Poor Andy's Mom. Poor Hayden's Mom. We'll all be sad together I guess.

2 comments:

  1. SPOILER ALERT Dude, you should have seen Zachary yelling at the movie screen when the monkey with the cymbals was bashing Woody's head. He screamed "Nooooooo!" and we had to take him out of the theater to calm him down. I bet if he ever sees a monkey toy like that he is going to kick it in the mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPOILER: And that clown doll. CREEPY!

    ReplyDelete